Whether you have to buy shop equipment, replacement auto parts, vehicle accessories, fluids or tools, the O’Reilly Auto Parts has it all. This company was founded by O’Reilly family in 1957 and is considered as one of the major specialty retailers of automotive parts, supplies equipment, accessories and tools in the United States. They currently have stores in 1900 locations spread across 26 states and employees over 49000 people. Their underlying philosophy and spirit is the reason behind their growth and progress. Now the O’Reilly Auto Parts has joined with CSK Auto and has become the third largest retailer of auto parts in the US. CSK Auto is the biggest specialty retailer of auto parts together with accessories in the areas of western US and has approximately 1350 retail location. The combination of CSK’s supremacy in the western US and the O’Reilly’s southeastern and mid-western foothold have created a competitive, stronger company. With a larger team and even greater buying power, the company’s focuses on meeting the requirements of their valued customer. They are now able to provide the best combination of quality, availability, inventory, service and the most reasonable prices.
- O’Reilly has categorized services: It serves the customers in ‘Do-It-For-Me’ category and in ‘Do-It-Yourself (DIY)’. The customers who come under DIFM are commercial installer’s such as gas stations, auto repair shops, car dealer service departments and fleet operators .And, the customers in DIY are the customers who directly place orders for spare parts on their official websites.
- Online shopping: If you prefer to shop online, you can log in to the company’s website and place your orders at the comfort of your home.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: O’Reilly’s Knowledgeable and friendly employees are happy to assist the customers in finding the products they require and is ready to answer all their queries.
The products they deal with are automotive performance and replacement parts, tools, accessories, fluids, shop equipment, cleaning and maintenance products.
Parts: Cooling & heating, Brakes & traction control, Battery, Fuel delivery, Drivetrain, Emission control, Electrical & lighting, Engine, Powertrain, Interior, Ignition, Suspension & steering, Routine maintenance.
Accessories: Audio, Appearance and Personalization, Apparel, Oil and Fluid, Electrical and Lighting, Car Care, Security and Horn, Sealants and Adhesives, Towing and Tie Down.
The shop also deals with garden and lawn, marine replacement and power sport goods and parts. Additional services provided on-site are oil recycling, battery testing, drum and rotor resurfacing, module and electrical testing and a loaner tool program.
- The biggest merit of O’Reilly is their robust delivery capabilities. The company uses its private fleet of 540 trailers and 483 tractors to conduct delivery to all stores in the US for five-night-a-week.
- O’Reilly also strives to maintain a broad inventory. The company always has a stock of 156,000 unique SKUs in total. And they deal with all the major national brands.
- The service performance of O’Reilly is commendable and they do a great job in handling queries and offering services to its innumerable customers.
- The core differentiation of O’Reilly from its competitors is their distribution excellence. Their distribution networks acts a barrier for any new entrants who are hoping to capture the market of Do-It-For-Me segment.
- Inventory optimization and warehouse automation helps in ensuring high service levels at low cost to the customer.